How to win in the automation business
Pinto's Points covers management topics, globalization, sales and marketing, technology trends and futures, and far-out technology visions. It closes with whimsical humor and Pinto's poetry, which I hope you'll enjoy. It's 270 pages, with 174 "points" in 6 different parts, each introduced by a "luminary".
See Table of Contents (below)
Pinto Podcast - MP3 Audio file 850 KB 3 1/2 mins.
- “Jim is not afraid to take on conventional thinking. Jim will quickly catch your eye and force you to think. You may not agree,
but you will think.”
– Gregory Hale, Editor, InTech magazine.
- “Pinto’s Points help develop strong leaders in the industry. They foster thoughtprovoking conversation and allow leaders
to put themselves at the forefront of industry trends.”
– Jack Bolick, President,Honeywell Process Solutions
- “Jim Pinto’s e-news (has) got plenty of personality; at times it’s fairly lengthy, because he has something worthwhile to say; it’s informative, clear and interesting. It’s avidly read by thousands of people.”
– Perry S. Marshall, marketing guru, author, speaker, and consultant.
- “Jim goes beyond the face of technology to look at the implications of technology and how they change the game. I hope you
enjoy reading this as much as I did.”
– Harris (Hesh) Kagan, Director of Technology for New Business Development, Invensys Process Systems
- “When you read Jim, you have the feeling that you’re looking through a telescope’s magnifying end. With Jim, you get to
use the telescope with the microscope in the right direction: you see clearer, and you see things you cannot see
with the naked mind.”
– Richard E.“Dick” Morley, known as the father of the programmable controller and a leading visionary in the field of advanced
- “Jim Pinto is a stylist, with the uncommon knack of brevity, stimulation, and timeliness. While each topic is interesting, he has carefully
selected the data to be informative and memorable. Who could ask for more?”
– Joe Coates, world-renowned thinker, writer, and speaker on the future
- “Like a breath of fresh air in the frenetic ‘rush-rush’ of the world of automation burst Jim Pinto. With an incisive mind and a superb gift of observation, he earned the title of Poet Laureate of Instrumentation and Automation. Everything he touched was fun.”
– Eoin Ó Riain, of Read-out, Ireland’s instrumentation and control journal, and Instrumentation Signpost
Buy an autographed copy of Pinto's Points
Buy Pinto's Points from Amazon.com
Buy Pinto's Points from ISA Online
Buy "Pinto books bundle" (Points & Unplugged) from Automation.com